Brazilian depilation (or full bikini depilation) is becoming a more and more popular treatment in beauty centres. It is a removal of all hair in the pelvic area, front and back. Contemporary canon of beauty and carrying about hygene requires that women had perfectly smooth skin. In connection with it women are forced to everyday depilation. It is not strange that women are looking for methods of a long-term hair removal.
Bikini area depilation is often performed with the help of cosmetic wax or specially prepared sugar paste. Laser depilation is also becoming more and more popular.
Bikini laser hair removal
Traditional methods of hair removal in the bikini area are treatments which bring comfort for a particular period of time and are very painful. They lead to allergic reactions, redness, skin dryness or unpleasant in-growth of hair. At FABSKIN in Warsaw we use modern, efficient and safe methods of laser hair removal which are better, faster and less painful that traditional methods of bikini depilation, and what is more, it is permanent.
During the treatment laser beams destroy blood vessels feeding the hair matrix. It causes that the follicle dies and the hair stops growing. It is important that it removes hair when it grows. The treatment should be repeated because it is necessary to remove hair which was not visible during the previous treatment.
Types of Brazilian depilation
Brazilian depilation is a type of depilation when all hair is removed in the pelvic area, front and back (vulva, buttocks, anus area). Sometimes a narrow strip of hair is left above the clitoris. This partial bikini depilation is called interchangeably Brazilian depilation and French depilation.
How often should Brazilian depilation be repeated?
Laser hair removal is repeated several times (3-6 times) depending on the part of the body. The efficiency of the treatment depends on the amount of melanine (fair hair is more difficult to remove). Brazilian hair removal with the use od Vectus Palomar laser is repeated every 4-6 weeks.
Contraindications for Brazilian hair removal:
– serious illnesses, e.g. cancer
– strong suntan – risk of discolorations, burns,
– birthmarks, open injuries,
– intake of antibiotics, hormons, steroids and other photosensitising medications,
– blond, red and grey hair,
– purulent lesions, acne.
Preparation for the treatment:
Before Brazilian hair removal you should remember about some very important principles and prepare the skin for the treatment.
– the skin in the area cannot be irritated, it should be well moisturized,
– before the treatment you should not remove hair with the help of: a tweezer, wax or depilators which remove the bulbs (about 6 weeks before the treatment), other forms of depilation (shaving, trimming) are possible,
– it is recommended to shave hair a day before the treatment (you should leave a small fragment in order to estimate the colour and thickness of the hair),
– 4 weeks before Brazilian hair removal you should not use creams with Vitamins A, C, retinoids and fruit acids,
– a week before the treatment you should not use exfoliating products and photosensitizating drugs.
Notice: It is not recommended to perform the treatment in the case of blond, red or grey hair. Such hair does not contain enough melanine and depilation would not be effective.
Before the treatment:
– it is necessary to consult the doctor,
– skin should be shaven a day before the treatment, it should be clean, do not use cosmetics 3 day before bikini hair removal,
– do not sunbathe at least 2 weeks before the treatment,
– do not use self tanning products at least 2 weeks before the treatment,
– you should not remove hair bulbs up to 4 weeks before Brazilian depilation,
– you should stop using hear removing creams at least a week before laser depilation.
After the treatment:
– you may experience swelling or redness of the depilated area,
– you cannot use cosmetics,
– the skin should be treated softy, you can wash it with water or alcohol free milk,
– you can use soothing cream, e.g. Alantan Plus,
– you cannot use photosensitizing medications, creams with Vitamins A and C, St John’s wort or marigold,
– you cannot sunbathe for at least 2 weeks after the treatment,
– between the session of bikini hair removal you should not remove hair with a tweezer or wax,
– it is not recommended to go to swimming pools of sauna (there is a risk of skin irritation),
– the interval between sessions should be 4-12 weeks.
Notice: You are not recommended to undergo the treatment if your hair is blond, grey or red. This is caused by a lack of melanine and it is connected with low efficiency of the treatment.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION phone number 22 126 80 08